Cauliflower wings make an excellent and satisfying meal! Pair with dairy free ranch and you have the perfect party/game day dish to share with loved ones :)
The secret to these cauliflower wings is tossing them with a thick batter, baking them, then tossing them with the buffalo sauce to create the perfect texture & flavor!
2 heads of Cauliflower [chopped into florets]
2 ½ cups Chickpea Flour
2 tbsp Onion Powder
½ cup Nutritional Yeast [unfortified]
¼ tsp Paprika
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
2 ½ cups Water
1 tbsp Coconut Aminos [or 1 tsp salt]
4 oz Hot Sauce [low sodium]
2 6 oz can of Tomato Paste
4 tbsp Tahini
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Combine all batter ingredients [except coconut aminos and water] in a large bowl. Combine well, then add coconut aminos and water!
3. Add cauliflower to batter and toss until all the cauliflower is well covered.
4. Place cauliflower on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in a single line so the cauliflower is not touching [this will allow the cauliflower to get crispier]. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and gently shake pan or flip cauliflower. Return to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes.
6. As the cauliflower bakes, mix the buffalo sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
Rinse out the large bowl and wipe dry to prepare to toss cauliflower in the sauce.
7. Remove cauliflower from oven and place in the large bowl. Pour buffalo sauce on top and toss until well combined. Serve as is for sticky wings or bake an additional 5 minutes!
8. Serve with dairy-free ranch or dip!
*Note: For unHoney Mustard Wings, toss use this unHoney Mustard Recipe in place of the Buffalo Sauce