It's time to use that Eggplant that is in season!
Here is a quick and easy recipe with such minimal prep that is melt in your mouth delish <3
3 medium Eggplants
24 oz Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
2 tbsp chopped Parsley
1 tbsp chopped Mint [optional]
½ cup Lemon Tahini Drizzle [recipe below]
Lemon Tahini Drizzle
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
¾ cup Tahini
¾ cup Water
3 cloves Garlic
½ tsp ground Cumin
½ tbsp Onion Powder
2 Medjool Dates, pitted
⅛ tsp Paprika
1 tbsp fresh Parsley
1/2 tsp salt, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Slice eggplant in half the long way. Score the eggplant by slicing lines about 1 centimeter apart without cutting through the skin of the eggplant. Now slice the eggplant going the opposite way so you make a criss-cross pattern.
3. Place the whole tomatoes along with the eggplant [face down] on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
4. Roast for 25 minutes. Shake the tomatoes. If they have begun peeling, remove from oven. If not, bake an additional 10 minutes and remove. After about 45 minutes [or when eggplant is tender], remove the eggplant from the oven.
5. While the eggplant is cooking, place all ingredients for the Lemon Tahini Drizzle into a blender and blend until super smooth and creamy!
6. Allow to cool enough to handle. Plate by topping eggplant with tomatoes, herbs [I used parsley], and Lemon Tahini Drizzle!
*Makes 6 servings. Can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 5 days.