Energy Balls were one of the very first Whole Food Plant-based recipes I created, and now I'm sharing them with you! With just 7 ingredients, these blissful bites will become a staple in your kitchen!
1 cup Rolled Oats or Oat Flour
- 3/4 cup ground Almonds (or 2 tbsp almond butter and 1 extra tbsp oat flour)
- 1/4 tsp Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 Medjool Dates
- 3 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Shredded Coconut or Chopped Nuts for topping
- Put pitted dates in a cup and cover with water. Soak for at least 15 minutes and set aside
- Place oats in food processor or high speed blender and blend until a flour is created (skip this step if you are using oat flour)
- Place oat flour in a large mixing bowl
- Put almonds in food processor. Blend until a flour like consistency is created (does not have to be perfectly ground)
- Place almonds in the bowl with the oats
- Add cinnamon and mix well
- Place the soaked dates, 3 tbsp of the water the dates soaked in, and the vanilla into the blender/food processor. Blend until a paste is formed. You may need to add a little more water if it is not blending
- Mix all ingredients (expect the coconut/nuts) together in bowl. This sound create a dough. Add more dry or wet ingredients to reach a thick yet still malleable consistency
- Place coconut or chopped walnuts into a bowl
- Roll the dough into one inch balls in the palm of your hand and then gently roll them in preferred topping
- Enjoy for a pre/post work out snack, dessert, or even breakfast!
*For a Chocolate Energy Ball, simply add 3 tbsp cocoa to the dry ingredients! Store in the refrigerator for 6 days.
**Makes about 20
***Can substitute sunflower seeds/butter for a nut allergy