Honey Mustard Cauliflower Wings
This is THE cauliflower wing for people who don’t want a spicy Buffalo CauliFire Wing. With honey mustard made with whole, healthy ingredients, this is truly a comfort meal you can feel good about!
Golden, crisp, tender on the inside, delicious.
*Makes 6 servings
2 heads of Cauliflower, chopped into bite size florets
3 cups Chickpea Flour
2 tbsp Onion Powder
½ cup Nutritional Yeast (unfortified)
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
3 cups Water
1/4 tsp salt (or 1 tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos)
Honey Mustard Sauce
1/2 cup Yellow Mustard
8 Medjool Dates, pits removed
1/2 cup Cashews
1/2 cup Water
2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast (unfortified, without folic acid)
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 tsp salt, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Combine all dry batter ingredients in a large bowl. Add water (and Braggs if using) slowly while mixing with a whisk to avoid clumps. Stir until the batter looks smooth and the consistency is similar to a pancake batter.
3. Add chopped cauliflower to the batter and toss until all the cauliflower is well covered and you can no longer see any white from the cauliflower.
4. Place cauliflower on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (*see note below for even better texture) in a single line so the cauliflower is not touching each other. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and flip cauliflower. Return to oven and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
6. As the cauliflower bakes, place all dressing ingredients in a high speed blender.
7. Blend on high until super smooth and creamy (about 1-2 minutes).
8. Remove cauliflower from oven and place in the large bowl. Pour half of the Honey Mustard Sauce on top and toss until well combined.
9. Place cauliflower back on the baking sheet and return to oven. Bake an additional 5 minutes to create the perfect crust.
10. Serve with the remaining Honey Mustard Sauce as a dip & enjoy!
*Note: Use an oven safe baking rack or perforated pan (with holes in it) to get a crispier cauliflower wing. Allowing all sides of the cauliflower to be exposed to heat will create a better texture when cooking!
**If using an air fryer, make in batches and cook at 320F for 20 minutes, flipping half way through.