Pumpkin season is in full effect & it doesn't get any tastier than this!
This recipe is one of my favorite ways to celebrate fall flavors. Perfectly pumpkiny yet creamy and savory at the same time.
Whole foods never tasted so good!!
There is a lot of misinformation regarding whether carbs or healthy or not. I'm here to tell you that the science shows carbohydrates from whole plant foods are extremely health promoting. White flour, white rice, white bread, and other refined carbohydrates lack nutrition and therefore should be avoided. But whole wheat pasta? Go for it!! Sprouted whole grain bread? Yes please! Beans, sweet potatoes, oats, and other whole grains? Absolutely!
Low carb diets have actually been "Found to Feed Heart Disease." Rather than depriving ourselves in order to reach our ideal weight, simply eat a variety of whole plant foods and include healthy carbs :)
That's incredibly easy (and lip smackin' delicious) with this Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta!!
- 1 loosely packed cup chopped Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 16 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Ceylon Cinnamon
- Dash of Nutmeg
- 1 cup Cashews (soaked for 10 minutes and drained)
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 boxes of whole wheat pasta, lentil, or bean pasta of choice
Optional toppings: Chopped sage, pecans, chopped steamed kale, roasted tomatoes
- Heat a pan on high for 2 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium and add onion.
- Dry sautée and stir occasionally for three or four minutes until it begins to become translucent. If it begins to stick, add a little bit of the water to the pan.
- Add garlic and sautée for another two minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree, water, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool.
- While the pumpkin mixture cools, boil water and make your pasta. Set aside.
- Transfer cooled pumpkin sauce to a blender with remaining ingredients. Blend until super creamy!
- Toss with pasta of choice and sprinkle with optional toppings.
- Enjoy all of the pumpkin goodness as it hits your taste buds!
*Makes 6 servings
P.S. I was trying to come up with some pumpkin puns while writing this post. But alas, I could not. I guess I'm not a pun-king ;)