A popular dessert in England, this nutrified Banoffee [banana & toffee] Pie is a decadent and healthy way to enjoy dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups Hazelnuts [or nut of choice]
- 8 Medjool Dates [remove the pits]
- 2 tbsp ground Flaxseed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Chai Spice Mix [or Ceylon Cinnamon]
- 1 cup Medjool Dates [remove the pits; about 12 large dates]
- 3/4 cup Water
Banana Cream Layer:
- 2 ripe Bananas [freckled]
- 1/2 block Firm Tofu
- 4 Medjool Dates [remove the pits]
- 2 Bananas
- 100% Cocoa Mass [use a vegetable peeler to create shavings; you can use cacao nibs instead]
- Rose Petals [optional, but really makes the color pop]
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Add the Toffee Layer ingredients in a bowl and let the dates soak in the water to soften them.
- Place hazelnuts in a food processor and process on high until they are are a flour like consistency. Add the dates, flax, vanilla, and chai spice mix. Process on high until the mixture becomes a thick dough and the dates have broken down. You may have to scrape down the sides of the processor if the ingredients get stuck.
- Place the dough mixture in a pie tin and press until it evenly covers the pan to form the crust.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Add Toffee Layer [dates that have been soaking] to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Add Toffee Layer to the crust and spread evenly for the first layer.
- Blend Banana Cream Layer ingredients in the blender on high until smooth.
- Add Banana Cream to the pie tin for the second layer.
- Start layering the banana in the middle and work your way out to create a spiral! Add the other garnishes on top.
- Refridgerate for 2 hours to let the filling firm up. Let serve!